Search Site
I-601 Waiver of 10 Year Bar and Other Offenses

I-601 Waiver of 10 Year Bar and Other Offenses: You have to convince the USCIS that you deserve a pardon for what happened

The 10 year bar is a common problem in immigration law that is cured by I-601 Waiver of 10 Year Bar and Other Offenses. This occurs when an immigrant overstays their time allowed in the United States by one year, or “accrues more than 365 days of unlawful presence” in legal terms. It is triggered when you actually leave the United States, so technically you are not subject to the 10 year bar if you have not yet left the U.S.! This law is extremely complicated and you need an immigration lawyer to help you decide if you need a waiver, and if you can get a waiver.

A waiver is like a pardon: The immigration service will admit you to the U.S. before the 10 years are up if you can show that a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident “qualifying relative” (Spouse or Parent) will suffer an extreme hardship if you are not allowed back in to the United States. This requires a great deal of proof of mental/emotional and financial hardship, family separation issues, loss of educational opportunities and problems should the qualifying relative move to the immigrant’s home country.

This waiver is filed on form I-601 and is also used for document fraud, misrepresentations, crimes of moral turpitude. marijuana offenses, prostitution, and other problems. We usually take a month to prepare the waiver and it will be over 500 pages long. Click here to view a real testimonial from a real client that got his I-601 waiver of the 10 year bar approved at the U.S. Embassy, Ciudad Juarez. Call us to completely analyze your situation and recommend a strategy for getting your 601 waiver filed.


Click here for our Personal Immigration Questionnaire Form  or our Professional Immigration Questionnaire Form to complete and upload to me on our payment portal. This helps me give you the best advice on your immigration matter. So schedule yourself for your $87 15 minute telephone or zoom consultation today with a Denver Immigration Attorney. Our Denver office is located at 1624 Market Street, Suite 202, Denver, Colorado 80202 our offices are easily reached via the free Mall Ride. Our Denver office is accessible from I-25, I-70, Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, Commerce City, the Denver Tech Center, Westminster, and Thornton.

I also train new immigration attorneys.

Thank you for your interest in our firm. Mark C. Daly

Call or email now for a $87 15 minute immigration consultation or a $350 1 hour consultation with Mark C. Daly, a licensed immigration attorney with over 25 years of experience in immigration law.

CALL US TODAY! (303) 481-3494  | $87 CASE CONSULTATION

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Location
  • Denver Office
    1624 Market Street
    Suite 202
    Denver, Colorado 80202
    Phone: 303-481-3494
    Fax: 303-593-9175